Looksforever’s FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is a proven, minimally invasive outpatient procedure in which follicular unit grafts, consisting of a small number of hair follicles, are individually removed from the genetically stronger areas of your scalp (the “donor” areas) and artistically restored to your thinning areas (the “recipient” areas).
HOW IT WORKS
1. Preparing the Donor Area
• First, we identify the recipient areas and work to personalize a plan to help you achieve the most natural-looking hairline possible.
• Next, we trim the hair in your donor area to facilitate the identification and removal of strong, healthy donor hairs.
2. Removing and Preparing the Hair Follicles
• Once the donor area is prepared, we remove individual follicular units from your scalp by making a tiny circular incision around them to isolate the graft. Then we extract the graft from the scalp using a tweezers-like instrument.
• Working with high-powered stereo microscopes, our trained technicians examine the follicular grafts and prepare them for placement.
• Follicular unit grafts are arranged into groups depending on the number of hairs in each follicle (1-4 hairs are commonly found within each follicular unit).
• Based on your specific hair loss pattern, we map out the optimal placement of each follicular unit group in order to achieve the most natural-looking results.
3. Placing the Follicular Units
• When the follicular grafts are ready, we make small incisions in your recipient area that match your natural hair growth pattern.
• The follicular grafts are then strategically placed one by one, according to the number of hairs within each follicle, in order to maximize the naturalness, density and coverage of the thinning areas. This is where the experience and artistry of our physician is critical.
4. Healing and Hair Growth
• The tiny incisions left behind after the follicular units are extracted will heal completely in a few days.
• Three months after the procedure, you should begin to notice new hair growth.
• After six months, you should notice significant regrowth, at which point your native and transplanted hair will continue to grow naturally.